Top Image

Top Image

IRINA MICCOLI: the interview

Posted on: 2008/10/12


 IRINA MICCOLI
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW

Irina Miccoli, also known as Irina Lyshova, is a fashion model who has been in this months spotlight thanks to her eye catching show card. Her face is so extraordinary that even if she wasn't a model she would still be getting lots of attention. She is one of those "faces" whose presence you can not miss and therefore can do every job, starting from catwalk, to editorial to VS. She is certanly the one to watch for.

Irina Miccoli a.k.a. Irina Lyshova is a mum, a wife (her husband is the owner of 3d model management agency) and a model who lives beetween 3 continents: America, Africa and Europe. Irina, a Russian belle, is born and raised in Chelyabinsk city. She is with NEW YORK MODEL MANAGEMENT, 3D and Modelwerk. (image courtesy of NY model management)


PONY RYDER: When and how did u start modeling?

IRINA MICCOLI: I was scouted while walking on the street at the age of 14 in Chel ci,but started modeling couple of years after.

PONY RYDER: You changed your last name, for you got married. Don't you think it was a risky thing to do?
IRINA MICCOLI: For me it just sounds better: Irina Miccoli :)

PONY RYDER: You did Betsy Johnson show (2008), Rachel Roy (2008), Ann Demeulemeester (2005)... etc.
IRINA MICCOLI: Well I love doing the shows==the energy in the backstage and when u walk down the catwalk is just so powerful,can't get enough of it! My favorite is Betsey's show, 'cause u can be spontaneous and have fun doing it!

PONY RYDER: DO you like safari?
IRINA MICCOLI: I do, the ones i went to were absolutely amazing.

PONY RYDER: Betsy Johnson shows are always different. Guffy , smiley faces... What kind a shows do you prefer? Serious ones or smiley ones?
IRINA MICCOLI: OK from safari to the shows:) I like both kinds and the more attitude and rock 'n roll the better! (image courtesy of NY mag)

PONY RYDER: You live in model apartments when you are abroad. What is that like?
IRINA MICCOLI: Yes why not, though some model apartments can be a disaster, and it's difficult to keep control of your things,I was lucky to have nice roommates, and we always had fun!

PONY RYDER: What is the hardest thing for you as a model?
IRINA MICCOLI: It's hard to be apart from the people you love.


PONY RYDER: Have you ever said no to something? A nude shot, an uncomfortable photoshoot...?
IRINA MICCOLI: Yes, I do this "NO" thing sometimes.It's better to say no in the beginning, then feel weird on the shoot and be uncomfortable in the outfit.

PONY RYDER: What is the coolest thing living in South Africa?
IRINA MICCOLI: Their life style is so laid back and people are so relaxed.

PONY RYDER: What do you like about NY?
IRINA MICCOLI: It's a complete opposite energy to Cape Town, love its beat!!


PONY RYDER: Did you learn about the modeling business yourself, or did you have a lot of guidance from your mother agency and all the other agencies you work with?

IRINA MICCOLI: I think you can't learn enough about it yourself, you always need an experienced adviser, I'm very grateful to Giya (Grace Models), R.I.P his soul. He was almost like my second dad when I just started...

PONY RYDER: Do you have an interesting anecdote from a photo shoot, or a casting, a show?

IRINA MICCOLI: Yes, I have a story for You :) It happened in London when I was doing my first of the first fashion show Michiko Koshino. Just before the show, Danila (russian guy model) called everybody in a circle. All the models were sending a positive signal in to the universe while holding hands,and then Michiko called everybody to seat around the catwalk,we thought she just wanted to talk to us.OK, she came out...with a real priest! And he was reading the prayers and saying alleluia all the time. I was shocked.I thought it was like a ritual before every show,but it never happened again.


PONY RYDER: Have you ever had to make a decision whether to skip a season because of school or personal reasons, and what was your decision? How would you deal with that today?

IRINA MICCOLI: Yes, it happened. When I started modeling in Europe I was finishing my high school and couldn't stay abroad for long,and obviously when I had my boy I was out of modeling for nearly 2 years,and since then I've only been to New York. What can I say, I wish I would finish my studying before jumping into the world, 'cause u can never do properly 2 things at the same time. But on the other hand I had so much good time and met my best friends,so I guess what ever happens in life is for good!


PONY RYDER: Is there an aspect of modeling that you like less than other aspects?
IRINA MICCOLI: Lets see...traveling,meeting all bunch of characters you would never meet in normal life, feeling fantastic in front of the camera=that's the things i like.What I don't enjoy is when some people whistle or whisper something on my ear when I walk on the street, or when somebody says: "Look, look it's a model" just like they never saw a tall girl before.

PONY RYDER: Your look is very unique. You look like a gorgeous mix of East meets Latin. Did you always want to model?
IRINA MICCOLI: Thanks, you just made me blush a bit...I didn't even think about this business when I was growing up,and at some point was ready to pass the exams to university to become an architect. So I guess I would be designing or even building, u never know.

PONY RYDER: Did anyone in the industry ask you to change your look? What would you do if they did?
IRINA MICCOLI: No never,but i will soon. it's about the right time.


PONY RYDER: High heels or snickers?
IRINA MICCOLI: Snickers during the day, and heels at night.

PONY RYDER: Your favorite food is... ?
IRINA MICCOLI: Sushi and borsh (separately of course)!

PONY RYDER: Is there a different treatment of models and their careers in a smaller boutique agency, as opposed to big agencies and networks?
IRINA MICCOLI: Of course! You don't even have to ask about that!



IRINA MICCOLI (X factor) : My personality of course :)

IRINA MICCOLI (skin maintaince) : I don't smoke, eat healthy and LOVE dermalogica.

IRINA MICCOLI (beauty advice) : Drink lots of liquid.


PONY RYDER: Sun block cream. Yes or no?
IRINA MICCOLI: Sunblock yes yes yes===and the HIGHER factor the better!!!

PONY RYDER: You are a "working and a young mum". Is that hard? How do you manage modeling and motherhood?
IRINA MICCOLI: Good question, actually we are very blessed to have my hubby's family around so when I'm away they can look after our mini and he loves being with his Nana and Nonno which is even more great!

PONY RYDER: Does a woman change when she becomes a mother? Did you change..?
IRINA MICCOLI: Women becomes more feminine and caring. Me= I became a woman,and lost my baby cheeks :)


PONY RYDER: You are married to the owner of 3D modeling agency in South Africa. Is that an advantage or a burden?
IRINA MICCOLI: You never choose people you fall in love with.

PONY RYDER: Any special product that you use for your hair?IRINA MICCOLI: Everything what ever is in the stores,nothing special.


PONY RYDER: How important do You think it is for a model to know very well which market they fit the most? Did You figure that out later on, or was it a plan by the agency as soon as you started?

IRINA MICCOLI: I think the sooner you find your market, the bigger your chances to succeed are. Most of the times agency decides that.

PONY RYDER: You had a baby and you still have a fantastic body!!! how did you return your perfect shape? What is your secret?

IRINA MICCOLI: Young factor helped a lot and genetics, because everybody has a different build u know. (I don't have a single stretch mark!) Breastfeeding helped to lose the weight, that's for sure.

PONY RYDER: Did you do any exercises while you were pregnant?
IRINA MICCOLI: I was happy and walked a lot, that's it.

PONY RYDER: What would You advise to new models?
IRINA MICCOLI: Finish education first, then you have a solid base and more to give. And learn as many languages as you can, you never know when you'll need them.

PONY RYDER TEAM WISHES HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO IRINA!!!
Interview with fashion model Irina Miccoli is original work and courtesy of Pony Ryder.

PONY RYDER All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger