Top Image

Top Image

FLORIAN PESSENTEINER: the interview

Posted on: 2008/09/11

Florian Pessenteiner

Florian Pessenteiner is with M & P Model (London) , SS&M ( Madrid), Elite ( Milan).

FLORIAN PESSENTEINER: I started to do modelling properly last year (2007) when I finished and graduated from high school . I was discoverd by my mother agent during a trip to Switzerland.
Ph.: Sergio M.

FLORIAN PESSENTEINER: I think from other male models it disdinguishes me that I stayed the same the whole time I did modelling. So many agencies try to change the boys , whenever new trend is coming up ... It brings you money but for sure not a long carrer .. because trends are changing ... and I never let myself change ... I always packed my stuff when they wanted to and left ... and kept my hair , didnt built up muscels etc... :)

Ph.: James Kelly



PONY RYDER: You got your first Vogue editorial (Vogue Homme Japan) with photographer David Hughes . How was that experience for You?

FLORIAN PESSENTEINER:
Im very proud about the editorial. The photographer was amazing ... The location was soo great .. And all the people on the set were easy to work with and super nice. It was for sure one of the best shoots i've had so far.
Ph.: Stefan Milev





FLORIAN PESSENTEINER: I did Vorn Magazine , Icon Magazine ,Dazed and Confused, Wallpaper , Trend Fashion , Dressed to kill , Show studio , Dazed Digital , Converse , H Magazine ... H magazine just came out and it's great ..A really good editorial. Ph.: Adrian Portmann





FLORIAN PESSENTEINER: Yes sometimes it can be really hard to be a male model and of course women get more attention than we do. You can see the difference for example on the payments. For shows it is somtimes ridicolous how much we get and how much the girls for example get. But theres is quite a big change now and I hope the change is not going to stop. Ph.: Joachim Baldauf





FLORIAN PESSENTEINER: I dont think there really exists an "it" thing for a male model. I just think it's important to stay yourself whatever other people say. Some people quickly change as well in person when they successed and that's a thing that should not happen. Have your own style , your own thoughts and the most important thing is to have your own opinion. Ph.: Joachim Baldauf





FLORIAN PESSENTEINER: I think i dont really have a style to pose. I think its very important to talk with the photographer first and get to know what he or she wants and what he or she expects. As soon as you know that and have a connection with the camera you just start posing. To be able to find the right poses , facial expressions etc.. I think that makes a real model. Ph.: Katja Hentschel



FLORIAN PESSENTEINER: Hmm... I would say it is important for a model to know where to work and where to be represented. But it's always hard to say where you fit in and where not. If you have the special kind of thing people are looking for, you can book jobs everywhere . That I am not a commercial kind of guy was a thing I knew the first time I got to my agency. Ph.: Stefan Milev



FLORIAN PESSENTEINER: Yes of course there is a different treatment of models in smaller agencies than in bigger ones. Im with a smaller one here in London for example and its a really close working relationship with my booker. The booker can push you more and take care of you properly. In bigger agencies its quite hard to survive I think. You always have to be presentable otherwise you just disappear inbetween 300 others. Ph.: Snjezana Josipovic

FLORIAN PESSENTEINER (on runway) : I am trying to be more versatile. It just depends on what the designer wants. Sometimes they say " just walk as u want" , sometimes they tell you exactly what they wanna see.
Ph.: Snjezana Josipovic





FLORIAN PESSENTEINER: My hair does attract special attention , sometimes a very good one , and sometimes it can be not so good as well, sometimes I just get booked because of my hair so I am very proud about the fact that I never cut it off when people in the industry said I should.
I use Redken for my hair. It is a very good product because it repairs the hair especially after a long day shooting and getting the hair done all the time.

Ph.: Adrian Portmann





FLORIAN PESSENTEINER: I do not really have a makeup bag. I just use facepowder (MAC) when you have to go to castings for example. To cover up the results of partying too much :)



I dont really have a secret how I stay in shape. Naturally I am skinny built and it's hard for me to put on muscels. I dont go to gym or anything. I just try to eat healthy , drink a lot of water , and walk around instead of taking the busses all the time.
Ph.: Stephan Milev



FLORIAN PESSENTEINER (advice to new male models) : I think the most important thing is to stay yourself. Have your own opinion and fight for your "rights". I dont wanna say that models have no rights but as soon as someone tries to change you fight for being who you are.
Dont take anything to serious and take it step by step. Keep on fighting and it will for sure work out .




Interview with fashion model Florian Pessenteiner is original work and courtesy of Pony Ryder.

x


PONY RYDER All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger