Top Image

Top Image

DIONI TABBERS: the interview

Posted on: 2008/09/19

Galeries Lafayette Swim catalog
Dioni Tabbers

the model interview

Dioni is with Supreme model management & Micha models Amsterdam



PONY RYDER: When did you start modelling?


DIONI TABBERS: I started working when I was about 15 years old.


PONY RYDER: Which fashion week is your favorite?


DIONI TABBERS: I really did only fashion week in NY...and Milan and London only for one day... for me London is the best city to be in...I work really well there, and I love the city and the people in London.
PONY RYDER: What's inside your makeup bag?
DIONI TABBERS: Pocket size vaseline, mascara, eyelash curler, moisturizer and eyeliner.

PONY RYDER: What skin care products do you use?
DIONI TABBERS: I clean my skin every day with a face wash in the morning. I clean it with baby wipes in the evening and use just some moisturizer before i leave home.
PONY RYDER: How do you stay in shape?
DIONI TABBERS: I do cardio half an hour every day before breakfast. Other than that just eating healthy and drinking a lot of water (tea in my case), helps too.


PONY RYDER:What is the best beauty advice u know of?
DIONI TABBERS: Don't use make-up if you don't have to, it's better to keep your skin clean...and drink a lot of water!



PONY RYDER: Dioni, you already did several campaigns(Moschino, Love is Love, Frankie Morello..). That is a huge success for you as a young model...
DIONI TABBERS: I really liked doing Moschino. It was so much fun that day with all the girls just hangin' around in the sun ...some food, gossip and music...just a relaxing day with a really cool crew.
PONY RYDER: With what photographer would you like to work in the future?
DIONI TABBERS: Mario Testino among others would be amazing!


PONY RYDER: What would You say is your X-factor?



DIONI TABBERS: I have to say I am very happy with my lips.... but most of the time people compliment me on my eyes .... and it's good if you have a nice personality - to always try to be friendly to the people you work with.


PONY RYDER: How do u pose, what is your style in posing?
DIONI TABBERS: It depends on the photographer. Sometimes they have a really clear vision on what they want and if that's the case I just do what they like and make little changes ...if not I just try to keep moving in different shapes...use my hands a lot... whatever the mood is on that day.


PONY RYDER: How important do you think it is for a model to know very well which market they fit the most?


DIONI TABBERS: Well I think as long as the model agents know what they want with a girl, and they explain the plans they have for the girl, then everything should be going the way it is supposed to. With me it was a bit different. Well, plans were about the same, but I changed agencies and with Micha it's really clear for me what she wants for me.
PONY RYDER: Have you ever said no to something? A nude shot, an uncomfortable photoshot...?


DIONI TABBERS: To lingerie shoots I keep saying no till I am a bit older.


PONY RYDER: We heard that You took a season off. When can we expect you to be back on the runway and in front of the camera?
DIONI TABBERS: Yeah, well i'ts not a complete season off. I'm just not doing any shows and i am trying to be in school as much as I can . I will be back on the runway ( i hope ) in 2 seasons / 1 less if i can finish my school early. I am still doing editorials and stuff like that so I am not completely gone.
PONY RYDER: What would You advise to new upcoming models?
DIONI TABBERS: Don't take it to seriously! It's just a job. You have to be able to step out of the fashion world when you go home...Try and stay normal!
x
x
PONY RYDER: Do You have any model friend You would like to see presented on Pony Ryder?
DIONI TABBERS: I think Bregje Heinen. She's a really big upcoming talent and she's only been working for a really short time!


Interview with fashion model Dioni Tabbers is original work of Pony Ryder.
x
x

PONY RYDER All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger