Top Image

Top Image

KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: the interview

Posted on: 2008/09/29

THE INTERVIEW
KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE


Kathleen is with Mode Models (mother agency), One model management NY (now with MIX NY - 2013), Premier London, D'management Milan and Marilyn Paris.

PONY RYDER: When and how did u start modeling?
KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: I started getting involved in modeling when I was at the begining of high school because my sister dabbled in it locally a bit, turns out she never grew past 5'5"! I never took modeling as a career until now.

PONY RYDER: You opened 2 shows in London fashion week!!! How does it feel to be the girl opening a show?
KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: I was so happy when I found out I was opening two shows! It makes me a bit nervous knowing I'm the one who's going to set the feel for the show, but it's exciting. I think it's cool that the avant garde embraces my look, its nice to be involved in something creative.

PONY RYDER: Is fashion world / modeling world really that competitive?
KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: Well it's not a rumor! It's definitively competitive and the industry can be very hard on a person. A client may only want one girl for something, but they are seeing 100.
Ph. : Chadwick Tyler

PONY RYDER: What are your hobbies?
KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: I've always been really athletic and I got a kayak for my birthday so I was doing that at home in August. I like listening to music, going to movies (my dad is my movie partner), cooking, reading....

PONY RYDER: Favorite film?
KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: Garden state.

PONY RYDER: Sex and the city the movie or a show?
KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: Tv show for sure...because it lasted longer!
PONY RYDER: You live in model apartments when you are abroad. What is that like?
KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: It's good, I mean, sometimes it can be a bit too much when there's a lot of girls and a small space. But some can be nice. I like living with girls from around the world, you learn something.
Ph.: One model management show card

PONY RYDER: You worked with Ph. Chadwick Tyler, a great talent - how was that experience for you?
KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: It was wonderful. He's a really good guy and easy to shoot with. It's more about free movement than posing and I like that. He has been a good source of guidance for me and we speak very often.
Ph. Chadwick Tyler

PONY RYDER: Did other agencies approach you after you signed with the agencies you're signed with now?KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: No, but Chadwick has told me there's been great interest. I can't even think about leaving One, I love them so much!
Ph.: One model management show card

PONY RYDER: Is there an adrenalin rush when you are doing runway? What do you think before stepping onto it?
KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: Oh for sure there is, when you hear the music going and everyone is in their looks. I don't really think anything, I'm just into it.

PONY RYDER: Coffee or tea?
KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: coffee...for the caffeine, tea just as a drink.
PONY RYDER: Favorite book character?KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: who, i don't know this one...probably the woman from the shopaholic series!
Ph.: Chadwick Tyler
PONY RYDER: Do you have an interesting anegdote from a photoshoot, or a casting, a show?
KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: Probably when I was younger and I was being shot in a studio where the fan was blowing loud and the window was open and the photographer was telling me to do things and I kept saying, excuse me, excuse me, because I wouldn't hear. and then he was like WHERE ARE YOU FROM, because he thought I didn't understand English. I thought the shoot would go downhill from there but it was great!
PONY RYDER: Is there a different treatment of models and their careers in a smaller boutique agency, as opposed to big agencies and networks?KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: I think so, the relationship is more personal, and they care more about you as a person than just seeing you as someone on the board.
Ph.: Chadwick Tyler
PONY RYDER: Did anyone in the industry ask you to change your look?
KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: Bleach my eyebrows! haha. I think everything within reason.

PONY RYDER: What do you think its your X factor?
KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: Hmm probably the blonde hair and eyebrows. it's unique.

PONY RYDER: You skin is flawless. How do u maintain it?KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: Thank you! I make sure I wash it every night before bed. Skin care products...I really just kind of buy whatever is cheap. There's nothing special. Ohh and I drink TONNNS of water.

PONY RYDER: Beauty products You can not do without?
KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: Lip chap, and moisturizer.
PONY RYDER: What is the best beauty advice u know of?KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: Sleep!
PONY RYDER: You have a great body, fantastic legs! how do stay in shape?KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: Thank you! I'm a very active person, when time allows I like going to the gym just doing random things. I also like walking around and exploring whatever place I'm in.

PONY RYDER: How to survive a day with 30 $ ?KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: so easy...gotta do that for a week sometimes. basically, only purchase necessities.
PONY RYDER: Who is your favorite photographer, who do you wanna work with in the future and why?
KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: Favorite photographer..I'm not sure...I don't know if theres one style I like best. I want to work with Steven Meisel because he can make my career!

Ph.: Chadwick Tyler
PONY RYDER: What would You advise to new models?
KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: Realize that it is hard work, but that modeling isn't the most important thing in the world.
PONY RYDER: Do You have any model friend You would like to see presented on Pony Ryder?KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE: DRIELLE!
PONY RYDER hearts KATHLEEN BURBRIDGE
Interview with fashion model Kathleen Burbridge is original work and courtesy of Pony Ryder.

PONY RYDER All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger